Thursday, August 5, 2010

I have only one wooden stud behind my fireplace. Can I hang a 25 pound mirror on it with a large nail or screw

I would recommend sitting the mirror on the mantel.I wouldn't trust a nail or screw to hold up the mirror no matter what it might weigh.Sitting the mirror at a slight angle would be the best advice from me.Especially if you don't feel that the screw or nail would hold.I have only one wooden stud behind my fireplace. Can I hang a 25 pound mirror on it with a large nail or screw
I'm having a little problem with your question. First I'll say that properly hanging twenty-five pounds on a stud is no problem. What I'm wondering about is '; wooden stud behind my fireplace ';.


In almost all cases, the fireplace is made on the outside of the house with only the face open to the inside. There are no studs behind the fireplace.


In your case, either I don't understand your explanation, or you have a very unusual installation

No comments:

Post a Comment