Tuesday, August 24, 2010

How can I calm my hamster when I try clipping it's nails?

I have a 4 month old hamster (boy) and I want to trim his nails.There very long. I need some more tips on anything about hamsters and how to calm him.How can I calm my hamster when I try clipping it's nails?
oh please.... Do not cut a hamsters nails. They can take care of their own nails, their nails are so small and sensitive, and if you cut them wrong, you can hurt them. You can hurt your hamster trying to cut them, too....How can I calm my hamster when I try clipping it's nails?
You never cut your hamster nails.


What you need to do is take a piece of very fine grit sandpaper and glue(or tape) it to the inside part of your hamsters wheel so when he runs it files down his nails.





Check it out: http://www.hamsterific.com/LongNails.htm鈥?/a>
I have never heard of clipping a hamsters nails,but take him to a vet and have him do it.Make sure it is safe for the little guy first because for some animals that can be very dangerous
You shouldn't be clipping your hamster's nails. I believe they take care of their nails when they groom themselves. We are on hamster # 2 and see his little paws all of the time - the nails look fine.
Never cut a hamsters nails. If they are to long they will bite them off. Its very dangerous to clip hamsters nails.

No comments:

Post a Comment